The objective of this app is to collect and curate data from litter collection devices (e.g., Seabins, LittaTraps) that divert litter away from aquatic ecosystems. Below you can find the type of information collected from this application:
– The date and time at which the bins were deployed and removed.
– If bin captured a “wet event” (to be considered a wet event, the amount of rainfall must be > 10mm over a 24h period).
– Weather conditions (sunny, cloudy or rainy)
– Wind conditions (calm, windy)
– Picture of the content
– Weight of full bin
– Amount of debris in the catch bin (full to the brim, half full, quarter full).