CheriPom is a simple and minimalist pomodoro timer.
What’s a pomodoro timer? If you’re new to the Pomodoro Technique, it’s a common time management strategy comprised of doing short periods of work, and taking small breaks between them.
So what’s the timer for? To remind you to take those breaks!
In a world where we push ourselves to constantly be more productive, it’s important to remember that sometimes those little breaks can make the difference between being stuck on a task and finding your “eureka” moment.
• Configurable work, break, and long break lengths, as well as a customizable number of pomodoro cycles.
• Actionable notifications, for when you need to pause or snooze to sneak in a few more productivity minutes. (Just don’t make a habit of it!)
• No extra features or bloat. This is not a task manager or a todo list. It’s a timer. And it’s nice looking. That’s all it needs to be.
• No ads or in-app payments, and absolutely no tracking. Just a simple, clean, and easy to use app.
• A new iOS 14 Home Screen Widget, available in two sizes.
But why is it called CheriPom?
You probably figured that “Pom” is short for Pomodoro, but the word “pomodoro” is just Italian for tomato. The Pomodoro Technique itself is named after the popular tomato-shaped kitchen timers that you must have seen somewhere before.
But you probably knew that already, or you wouldn’t be here.
During development, CheriPom’s widget was starting to look so cute and small, kind of like a cherry tomato! And just like that, CheriPom seemed like the perfect name for it!