We built Practice Devo for ourselves. In 2020 we are easily distracted, busier than ever and often forget to create spaces to dive deeper in our walk with God and sometimes the best way to start is to keep it simple.
Practice Devo is a simple, easy, daily devotional designed to capture our hearts and minds for a few moments of our busy day.
• Word of the Day: Each day we share a meaningful word to lay the groundwork for the day’s devotion.
• Definition: We’ve heard words countless times and sometimes, as a result they began to lose their meaning. We go back to the root definition to remind ourselves that words do have meaning.
• Scripture: We believe “.. the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12-13). God’s Word is living, active and shapes us. Reflect on Scripture that follows the theme of the day.
• Practice: Devotionals are nothing without application. Our hope is that together we can become people of these words through practice and intentional living.
• Prayer: Lastly, we share a prayer to guide us as we seek to become more like Christ.