Endless creative story openers are now at your fingertips with Lyttony, a rather novel opening-sentence-generator for your iPhone/iPad.
Lyttony creates millions of original and thought-provoking story-openers, useful for both teachers and students in creative writing classes, authors or writing clubs needing new inspiration, or just quick ideas for daily writing practice.
Lyttony does not require you to choose from confusing topic lists or to play 20-questions first. You are immediately provided ready-to-use opening lines, with no restrictions on their use. Feel free to copy them as-is into your next best-seller, or edit them to your liking.
Ask Lyttony as many times as you want – there’s something for everyone. And if you find a great opener, bookmark it or share it with friends. You can always rewind back to your favorite bookmarked lines later.
Lyttony can send you a new line every day, and create customized stories with your name and your favorite color included in the text. Lyttony is also integrated into your Messages app, so that you can create stories or access your bookmarks and send them from within the Messages app without leaving the conversation.
Many more features listed here:
* Personalized * You can add your name, type of pet, favorite color, etc. and Lyttony will weave these into its stories for you.
* Customized * The Preferences/Settings page lets you choose a favorite color for the story text.
* Bookmark & Rewind * Each opener has its own unique 16-character “Story-Code” which, if typed in, can instantly re-display that exact opener again, on anyone’s “Lyttony” app. This feature lets you display the list of bookmarks, and choose a prior “bookmarked” opener to re-display. This is good for bookmarking/saving and revisiting prior funny ones, or sending the code to friends so they can jump to it it too.
* Daily Dose * Do you want to receive a daily idea without even running the app? There’s a setting for that! Just turn on “Daily Notifications”, choose an hour of the day to have it delivered, and every day like clockwork, you will get a new story idea! You can read it in place in the notification center, or click it to have it displayed in the “Lyttony” app.
* Messages App * Lyttony also shows up as a Messages app extension, so you can create and send stories to friends without leaving the Messages app. It even remembers your bookmarked stories and works with GlobalSync mode. Open the Messages app. Click the Lyttony extension. Pick a story. Send.
* Global-Sync * Turn on Global-Sync mode and tap in to the “global story-cosmos.” Everyone in the world can get the same story at the same time, no matter where they live. So if you and somebody in another country both choose “every hour”, then all Lyttony apps will dish out identical stories together every hour. Turn on Global-Sync, set the same time-frequency as your friends, and enjoy synchronized story time. This is an extra-purchase feature.
* Read Stories Aloud * Either automatically or manually speak your stories out loud in any of the installed (macOS or iOS) text-to-speech voices. This is an extra-purchase feature.
* Share * Send your favorites to friends via e-mail/Facebook/chat/photos, or copy/paste them into your writing project.
* Shake it up * Shaking your iPad or iPhone will automatically generate a new opener.
Need some ideas for your next great story, or stuck trying to think of an opening line for a writing assignment, since “It was a dark and stormy night” is already taken? Let Lyttony provide the impetus to wet the quill, unblock the synapses and pour inspiration into your mind. Lyttony’s lines are freely available for you to use for your own projects or publications.