CCGC Safety is the official safety app of the Canadian Coast Guard College. It is the only app that integrates with CCGC’s safety and security systems. CCGC has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Canadian Coast Guard College campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
CCGC Safety features include:
– Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the CCGC area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
– Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
– Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
– Notification History: Find previous Push Notifications for this app with the date and time.
– Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
– I’m OK!: Send your location and a message indicating that “You’re OK” to a recipient of your choosing.
– Campus Maps
– Campus Map: Navigate around the [institution] area.
– Evacuation Map: Find gathering points after an evacuation alarm has been sounded.
– Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
– Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at CCGC.
– Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from CCGC safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.